Monday, October 3, 2016

1 Year

1 year has come and gone since I moved to Washington, and it has been quite the year. I have met some amazing people, I have built a wonderful network of friends and clients, and have competed more than I thought I would. Things have not quite gone as planned, but I am continuing to forge ahead and am thankful for all the wonderful people who continue to support and inspire me.

Swaggy has continued to impress me and made the move up to Training level at Aspen Farms in September. We put in a solid and respectable dressage test, but sadly pulled 2 rails in the stadium, both of which were my fault as I reverted to bad habits. But once we were out on the cross country Swag showed me what he can really do as he flew around the biggest course he's ever seen and jumped everything brilliantly. We finished 9th in a large, competitive field.

We finished out our season with one more Training level at E.I. Horse Trials at theWashington State Horse Park. It was not our best dressage, but we made some huge improvements in the show jumping to pull just one rail (the very last fence on course)! Cross country yet again proved to be where Swag shines as he made easy work of the questions, including the drop into water. We finished 6th and to say I am pleased is an understatement. No matter what the results are competitively, this horse brings a smile to my face and keeps me sane. He continues to step up to the challenge and I am looking forward to what 2017 will bring.

I am continuing to teach and am now living out in Oak Harbor, traveling to Bellingham/Blaine about once a week. My wonderful group of students have been busy as well with Kim, Sandy, Hilary, and Amanda all competing at the Whidbey One-Days a few weeks ago. Hilary and her lovely mare, Georgia, joined Swag and I at EI and had a great showing, and we have just finished out the year with Danielle, Amanda, Sandy, Hilary, and Tesha all competing at the Derby this past weekend.

As the weather begins to turn, it's time to regroup, refocus, and reflect and what a wonderful and wild ride this past year has been. Thank you all for being a part of this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment